Equivalence of a Divorce Certificate Issued Abroad Request (Sunni Directorate)

This service is provided by the Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Awqaf to Bahraini Individuals requesting to equivalent the divorce certificate issued outside Kingdom of Bahrain.

group_work   Available Channels

Contact Information


Mobile Applications

Service Location

   Service Terms

  • Target User Group:
  • Individuals ,

   Required Documents

  1. The original divorce certificate and a copy of thereof
  2. A copy of the Identity Card of the wife and husband, or the passport

   Important notes

  • Others:
  1. The husband should be Muslim.
  2. The divorce certificate should be issued by an Islamic body and attested from the embassy of the state in which it has been issued and by Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kingdom of Bahrain.
  3. The non- Arabic divorce certificate should be translated, and a copy of the translation should be presented.


  • Payment Methods: