Thank you for visiting the Kingdom of Bahrain bahrain.bh.
The Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) is the controller of processing the personal data collected about you via bahrain.bh has collected about you.
Authority contact information:
- The Information & eGovernment Authority – Building no. 1088, Road no. 4025, Block no.840 - Isa Town - Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Postal mail: P.O Box 33305, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- The National Contact Center: (+973) 8000 8001
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data at bahrain.bh is derived from the Law No. (30) of 2018 on Issuing the Personal Data Protection law
Under the Personal Data Protection legislation, you have a number of rights in respect of the processing of your personal data by Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA). If you want to exercise your rights, you must contact iGA.
Right to view personal Data (right of access)
You are entitled to access the data that bahrain.bh processes about you, as well as certain information regarding the processing of your data bahrain.bh.
Right to correct or Delete Personal Data
If you notice any discrepancy in your data (available with us) you have the right to correct and update accordingly.
If you no longer desire to obtain our services; you have the right to delete, or de-activate the service by contacting the Authority.
Right to object
In certain cases, you are entitled to object to iGA legally on the way your personal data is being processed.
You can learn more about your rights by reading the Personal Data Protection law .
How to Submit a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint if you are dissatisfied with the manner in which Bahrain.bh is processing your personal data through any of the following channels:
- Email: Customer.Care@iga.gov.bh
- Submit a request through the National Suggestion & Complaint system “Tawasul ” or Tawasul App ”
- Contact the National Contact Center: (+973) 8000 8001
- Postal mail: P.O Box 33305, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Visit The Information & eGovernment Authority – Building no. 1088, Road no. 4025, Block no.840 - Isa Town - Kingdom of Bahrain.
Collection & Usage of Personal Data
iGA respects the privacy of the Personal Data of individuals and will use this information in a limited situations, such as:
- Answering customer service requests
- Update you about the release of new government services available from iGA
- Improve the national portal bahrain.bh and its related services
- Request feedback from customers
- Ease the use of bahrain.bh by eliminating the repeated actions of entering the same required information when your data is retained
We will retain your personal data as required for the effective delivery of public services complying with legal obligations mandated by the law, which is to provide any necessary information about fraudulent transactions or in accordance with international Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations. Personal data will also be retained to be used for resolving any related service disputes raised by you.
Selling your personal information to third parties is against our policies and laws; however, we may provide your personal data to companies that provide services in order to help us with our business activities; for instance, vehicle insurance. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary so as to provide these services to us.
In certain situations, iGA may be required to disclose personal data in response to legal requests by government authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
The information you provide us with may be shared with other governmental entities when answering the questions that require their input and feedback, or otherwise are required by law - for instance, to comply with a subpoena or similar legal processes.
The Information & eGovernment Authority does not save your credit card and/or e-wallet data when using the financial transaction system via the payment channels available on the website. We send part of your bank information to the credit company in an encrypted format under globally accepted regulations and using secure applications, ensuring the comprehensive physical and electronic security measures are in place.
You may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following unsubscribe instructions included in the emails sent or you may contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are able to create a profile, and share information such as messages, account details and photos with others. Please note that we cannot control the actions of whom you choose to share your pages and information.
To request the removal of your personal information from your profile, contact us on Customer.Care@iga.gov.bh In some cases, we may not be capable of removing your personal information, in this case, we will certainly inform you along with the reason.
Blogs & online forums
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums; please be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access these online forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, you may contact us at Customer.Care@iga.gov.bh. In some cases, we may not be capable of removing your personal information, in this case, we will certainly inform you along with the reason.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received.
To safeguard your personal data, the electronic storage and transmission of personal data will be secured with appropriate security technologies.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us on Customer.Care@iga.gov.bh.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
If we decide to change our privacy practices, we will post those changes to this privacy statement on the home page and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware of these changes.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently.
If we change how we use your personal information, we will notify you here, via email or by means of a notice on our home page.
Tracking, Collecting and using information
iGA and its partners – namely, government websites, affiliates, analytics, or service providers- use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts. These technologies are utilized in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and for the purpose of gathering demographic information about our user-base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As most of the websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you to improve the services, marketing, analytics and website functionality.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are sometimes created to improve your website experience. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, they help us to provide you with the best possible experience when you browse our website and will enable us to make improvements.
Cookies improve your browsing experience by:
- Remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- Remembering information, you’ve given, so you don’t need to keep entering it
- Analyzing how you use the website to improve the way it works for you, to make sure that you find what you’re looking for easily, and to ensure it meets your needs
- Monitoring the efficiency of our marketing campaign
You can use your web browser to:
- Delete all cookies
- Block all cookies
- Allow all cookies
- Block ‘third-party’ cookies (ie, cookies set by online services other than the one you are visiting)
- Clear all cookies when you close the browser
- Open a ‘private browsing’ / ‘incognito’ session, which allows you to browse the web without recording your browsing history or storing local data such as cookies (you should, however, be aware of the limitations of this feature in a privacy context)
- Install add-ons and plugins that extend browser functionality.
Kindly note that some iGA services will reduce the user experience if the user refuses the cookies.
Secure Information Transmission
All eGovernment social media channels enable you to share your ideas, comments and engage in an effective and respectful dialogue with our representatives. All comments are pre-moderated to ensure satisfactory user experience and to ensure that none of the below activities are performed:
- Use of vulgar, offensive or obscene terms and language
- Malicious posts jeopardizing other users or the website
- Spam and automated messages and advertisements
- Post containing references to illegal activities or libelous remarks
- Impersonation of a person or an organization
- Incitement of hatred about a specific group
The moderator reserves the right to suspend comments at any time.
- This Website is maintained by the Information & eGovernment Authority, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- The materials located on this website including the information, content and software programs, are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights.
Restrictions on use of Materials
- Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this website shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of the Information & eGovernment Authority Kingdom of Bahrain- Marketing & Awareness Directorate.
- Modification of any of the contents or use of the contents for any other purpose will be a violation of the Information & eGovernment Authority Kingdom of Bahrain copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of the Information & eGovernment Authority Kingdom of Bahrain, Marketing & Awareness Directorate.
Changes to this Material
If this material changes in any way, we will place an updated version on this page. Regularly reviewing this page ensures that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances if any, we will share it with other parties.
Questions and Comments on the above Material
Questions or comments regarding the contents above may be directed to:
Information & eGovernment Authority– Kingdom of Bahrain- Marketing & Awareness Directorate on email@example.com.
The electronic services provided on www.bahrain.bh are to provide an alternative channel for obtaining Government and Non-government services. Information & eGovernment Authority accepts no responsibility in relation to the accuracy, completeness, currency, usefulness or otherwise, of the contents provided by external sources. Users are advised to verify/check any information with the relevant Government Agencies and/or other source(s), and to obtain any appropriate professional advice before acting on the information provided on www.bahrain.bh.
The Information & eGovernment Authority will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage arising from or in respect of any use, misuse of or reliance on the electronic services delivered on www.bahrain.bh.
Link to Bahrain National Portal
The Agency/Authority website should provide direct access to the National Portal.
All Government websites should follow the following stated guidelines:
- Position the Bahrain eGovernment programme logo in the upper right corner
- The National Portal should be loaded in a new browser window
- Logo must have an Alt text
- Show the logo in a reasonable size and should be prominent than the items around it so it gets the first attention when users enter the website
- GIF files of resolution 72 pixels/inch is recommended
- Should be scalable to any size without losing any image quality or visual impact
- It should be used as an official symbol and any alteration, distortion, re-creation, translation, or misuse should be prohibited
Location: Global Header Navigation
Alignment with Header:
English pages: Horizontal – far right; vertical – top
Arabic pages: Horizontal – far left; vertical – top
National Enterprise Architecture Framework (NEAF) – Website Standards
Page Last Updated: 11 Dec, 2022